Saturday, November 27, 2010

Post-Thanksgiving Meal Nap


I had a river once
she was born a stream
but men came along and filled her up
and now shes the ohio

and that means a lot to me,
because I didn't get the job with that piece of info
I worked for that illusion
and it carried me as long as it could
one final day it decided on its own
its time to set me free

Cincinnati i'm not mad at you, I just wish you would have told me
these are things we can talk about
build more buildings
make your towers higher than any
don't worry about money, the money will come
but its going to come through truth
in your current state the honest dollar is running out

but I think I know you well enough and you
I've been around
but you, you'll make your decision
we'll either go our separate ways or we won't
so think, think about the future,
think about the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment