Friday, June 25, 2010

Seedy Seeds Sedy Seds

I had a dream last night, the stereotypical party with everyone you know or knew. They were all there living or dead. My deceased Cousin Bethany was sitting on the end of a sectional telling me how wasted she got the previous night. I chuckled and my eyes wandered around looking at her family whom in real life misses her dearly, but for this moment was just another one of there kids. The couch surrounded an enormous bonfire which everyone surrounded, and by everyone, I mean everyone I have ever known. I arrived at Ryle, the Auditorium, back when Perkins was around, except this time the auditorium was large and grand, balconies like the Arnoff. We were still working on some project, there were enormous ladders so that one could travel from balcony to balcony. Culp was at the bottom practicing a song as I saw Alex in a long overcoat move down the ladder.

I hope to God I'm making a film by this time next year. NKU, a young film program, promising, but not if no one has any idea what you're talking about. I'm not berating  people before I meet them, just looking out for my best interest and wondering where that interest lies.

Driving down 75 away from the city. Cincinnati had it's charms, but I feel like I will have exhausted them in a year or two. Poses is playing in the CD player. Louis and I, to two talented people, will we leave?


It always happens, I'm not even in college yet, and already sure that I will never get out.
Monday I'm flying to New York. Seeing a show everyday, my father's style. It's been a year and a half, many things have changed, including the spouse in attendance. I think this will be an eyeopening trip, but the question is which direction. Will this city seem staggeringly unapproachable, or will i knock em' dead. Hope it remembers me. I don't remember it.





Final thoughts:
The Seedy Seeds would e totez cooler if they played anything live.
There is some mean banjo playing as well as drum work that should be given a chance.
If they do not perform everything live, i am forced to assume they are the Monkeys, and thus do not play there own instruments. END

2 comments:

  1. The Seedy Seeds really let me down the only time I ever saw them. Especially because some girl was acting like she was on duster and running around the Mad Hatter doing robot noises and moves, pulling people into strange robot dance sessions. Fuck that.

    Also, it's good you're restless. Don't be complacent. Transform NKU's film program. Blow it to smithereens. Make it great. If it doesn't change with you, then go your own way. You've got too much talent to waste it all on a program that won't help you get where you need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah dude, they would be way better if they cut out the drum machine and every synth they used on the album. I mean I don't mind a band recording bits of guitar or banjo to play while they are doing other riffs like Andrew Bird. This was just strumming backed by actual recorded playing. When you're seeing them live at the Erlanger Library, well uh LAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaammmme.

    NKU will put up or shut the fuck up.

    ReplyDelete